Right Tabulation issue

Previous topic - Next topic

khaled

Hello,

Could help me solve my question please. I'm using scribus 1.5.5 on mac os, I'm getting this issue.
When trying to crate a new Paragraph style, I can't choose the right position in the Tabulation and indentation menu. The select box is grey and inactive. The only choice is Left position. Any help please.

[attachment deleted by admin]

utnik

hi khaled

when you click at a position on the ruler, scribus will place a left tab there. as long as this tab is selected, you can change its type (left, right, middle, period, comma) and its position, or define a fill character.
as long as there is no tab, all those options are grayed out.

utnik

khaled

thank you utnik, the menu is unlocked now, but still have the issu with the right indentation even with the option right set in the menu. In all the cases, the first line paragraph indentation is always set to left for my arabic text. I'm supposed to get the indentation to the right with arabic script. Please could you help?

[attachment deleted by admin]

utnik

hi khaled

i have no experience with right-to-left text settings – sorry!
the rtl implementation might even not be complete at the moment...

utnik

a.l.e

hi khaled

as far as i can tell, in the current code you still have to set the indent on the left but -- for RTL -- it will be applied on the right.

but there seems to be a bug (you can work around it, but your text will break when the bug will be fixed).

all in all, for arabic you should probably try to use a scribus version that is as new as possible.

ciao
a.l.e