Mailing list deprecation

Previous topic - Next topic

MrB

Hi

We're in the process of turning off our mailing lists. We'll keep the archives around for as long as possible.
We will focus on maintaining these forums more with the wider support group and posting all news here in future.

thanks
Craig

Greg P

It seems there needs to be some public clarification about the web status of Scribus.
I didn't find out that the lists were closed until someone emailed me to tell me that his attempts at posting kept bouncing off. That's when I learned that the Forums are now the only place for new posts and Q&A.
I also have some confusion about which Wiki is the "real" wiki -- did we give up on the new one? Is the old one still active?
My suggestion would be to put announcements on the front page of www.scribus.net, indicating where people should go for up-to-date information.

MrB

The lists were emailed Greg.. this is exactly the challenge.
I emailed you regarding the wiki - wiki.scribus.net is the current and active wiki.

Nermander

Quote from: Greg P on April 25, 2023, 03:11:37 PMI didn't find out that the lists were closed until someone emailed me to tell me that his attempts at posting kept bouncing off. That's when I learned that the Forums are now the only place for new posts and Q&A.
I also have some confusion about which Wiki is the "real" wiki -- did we give up on the new one? Is the old one still active?

The information was sent out on the list, I don't think people who are not members of the list would need to know the lists are shut down? They will realise if they try to join the list.