Unable to change page size for all pages

Previous topic - Next topic

SteveD

Hello, I cannot change the page size for all pages in my document. I've tried changing all of the master pages and applying them, changing the document setting and applying them to all pages and to master pages, and various combinations of everything! My existing pages simply will not change size and I would have to set each one individually. Has anyone had this problem? Thanks!

Scribus 1.4.8 on MacOS Mojave

Nermander

As far as I know that is the way Scribus works. Once a page has been created, it has its own size and you would have to change it explicitly for that page.

Note that changing the page size will not change any of the contents, so any text frames or image frames on the page will keep their size. Scribus will not scale the contents when you change the page size.

utnik

Quote from: Nermander on April 11, 2020, 09:31:58 AM
As far as I know that is the way Scribus works. Once a page has been created, it has its own size and you would have to change it explicitly for that page.

no, this is not true! when you check 'apply changes to all pages' and 'apply changes to all master pages', the document should be entirely changed to the new size – and it does so on my system...

utnik

Nermander

Ah, I never noticed the checkboxes to apply to all pages before.

But in my 1.4.5 (I only have 1.4.5 and 1.5.2 installed) it does not change the size of pages. I just tried it. Page properties still says A4 though I applied A5 to all pages and master pages.

Though something moved on the screen when I applied, maybe margins were globally applied...

May be a bug in 1.4?

utnik

hi nermander

there are check boxes to apply margin changes and other boxes for changes of the page size.
i don't have old scribus versions any more, but with scribus 1.4.8, 1.5.5 and 1.5.6.svn it works as expected. (just tried) ...and i can't remember any problems with this function in the past...

utnik

SteveD

Thanks to everyone for the replies! The check boxes to apply changes to pages and master pages appear to be working. I may have used them incorrectly or overlooked something before. You helped!