going from 1.4.8 to 1.5.5 and master pages

Previous topic - Next topic

HaudeL

Hello, I am working on a children book, with large drawing so I needed the version 1.5.5 to be able to have the page numbers visible over the drawings. After installing the 1.5.5 version (I was using 1.4.8 before, and did all my layout there), I worked on setting up master pages. All was good until I though that I might modify my title page. Then I realized I can't edit anything anymore. I deleted my master pages with page numbers, but I still can't edit any of the former text. I can add new text boxes, but I can't see the prints, I think it writes under my drawings which I can't verify because I can no longer mask a layer by clicking the eye box on the layer drop down. So I tried to go back to 1.4.8 and now I can't open my file.
Of course I don't have a recent back up, I saved my file in 1.5.5.  Any idea on how I can fix this before I start redoing from scratch??
Thanks
Haude

utnik

hi haude

it's hard to know what happened without seeing your file. but as an urgent recommendation: when something erratic happens, try always to save the current state as a new file as a first step!

if you are willing to show me your project, i will take a look on it and try to make it editable again.

utnik

HaudeL

Sure that would be awesome! How do I send it to you?

utnik

hi haude

after an upload to a file hosting service you can send me the download link in a personal message.
i don't need all the images. the .sla, the images of the title page (and if possible the font files) should do.

utnik

HaudeL

I can use We Transfer, what's your email address? If you are able to fix my file, I will send you a free book.

utnik

utnik

the problem is solved.
it was based on a very complex structure of the document, wich made it confusing. (far too many layers...)

utnik