Inserting new pages in middle of a chapter distorts everything farther down

Previous topic - Next topic

rowlandr

I am returning to a project that I had put on hold for a month or so.  I now want to insert a number of new pages between pages of linked text with occasional images.  The new pages are for images. When I insert the new pages, the chapter I am working on looks fine, the text links work with new blank pages in between and I can add the pictures.

The problem is that all the layout of the subsequent chapters is now distorted even though there are no text links between the chapters.
That is original chapter text ends on the left hand page. It has a page with photo on the right. Everything appears OK
New chapter. As I said, there are no text links with the previous chapter.
The "cover"photo which should be on the left hand side is pushed down all the way to the next left hand page,  text in throughout the chapter and images in that chapter are all in the wrong place.
Any idea what's going wrong?
thanks
RR

a.l.e

what you describe should not happen. or even: it cannot happen...
but it's hard to say what exactly you are experiencing, without seeing the file.

there is one thing i can say, though: if you have a facing pages document, you should "never" add single pages in the middle of the document. always add double pages.

rowlandr

Thanks
I am attaching 3 images. One before I add two pages and two showing what happens after I add the two pages (I have always tried this with adding double pages)
I am using Version 1.5.5. because I have been welding captions to photos. Also I find this strange because before I put the project on hold for the holidays, I cannot recall having similar problems when I added pages.

Robin

[attachment deleted by admin]

a.l.e

oh, you're using welding?
than everything can happen : - )

on a more serious tone:

welding is not a (yet) a stable feature.
if you're encountering issues, and you really need the welding, you're welcome to experiment with simpler documents and see what is really happening. once you have a minimal example that can be reproduced, please fill a ticket with attached the document and with the steps to reproduce the bug.
the address for the bugs is: https://bugs.scribus.net

without being able to see the document, there is not much more that i can do for you. sorry.

deimidis

I'm facing a similar issue. I'm trying to add two more pages between current page 6 and page 7. But everything going bad, with text boxes outside the page. I'm using footnotes, and I just read this is something related with welding text. So, is it better to unweld that text before insert pages? Is there any way to workaround this problem?

Thanks!

deimidis

Quote from: deimidis on March 04, 2020, 09:15:52 PM
I'm facing a similar issue. I'm trying to add two more pages between current page 6 and page 7. But everything going bad, with text boxes outside the page. I'm using footnotes, and I just read this is something related with welding text. So, is it better to unweld that text before insert pages? Is there any way to workaround this problem?

Thanks!

Ok, a quick experiment shows that if i unweld the text, insert pages don't bring problem. Now I have to unweld all the items in the document. Just hope therś an easy way to do it all at once