Script or Method of Copying All Images?

Previous topic - Next topic

meowmix

Hello all,

Can anyone tell me the best way to copy all images from a directory, without adjusting scale, and then pasting one per page (doesn't need to be in any particular order) in an open Scribus document? Is there an easy way to do this, or a script? So far, I've only seen scripts that place multiple images per page, adjust the sizing, etc. I just want to copy about 200 images straight into a document. No bells or whistles.

Thanks in advance for pointing me in the right direction!

Nermander

Is there a specific reason you want to do this in Scribus? Are you for example going to add a lot of text too?

I guess it can probably be scripted, but there are likely other ways to "print" 200 images than importing them into a Scribus document.

meowmix

Thanks very much for your reply. It's for a photo book that will also include text. There won't be a standardized layout per page, so I had hoped to find a way to batch import, and then adjust to what I need. Sounds like my best bet may be adjusting some of the pre-existent scripts?

Nermander

If you need to adjust the layout of each page I don't think a "Get image" for each page takes longer than writing the script. I'd say it takes 5-10 seconds to create a page, add an image fram an Get image. Then you will likely spend several minutes on each page adjusting the layout.

RodneyLee

Heck, drag and drop works in 1.5.5, doesn't get much fater than that

meowmix

Thanks guys! Sadly, I'm still on 1.4.6 (that's a different can of worms). I appreciate the input and feel like you have both helped address my query.