Non-printing background image?

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeremy E.

Hi there. Been using Scribus for a while now, love the program, but now I have a question and haven't been able to figure it out myself.

I'm trying to make a template that has a background image, but I need the image to be non-printing. I'm creating a template for printing on checks, so I use an image of the check as a guide for where the text goes, but I don't want the image to print.

I know that if I create the template correctly, I really don't NEED the image, but it looks prettier than a white background when I'm filling in all the fields.

Christen_Anderson

You should be able to make a new layer with *only* the non-printing image on it. Then, when it's time to print, go to the layers dialog (F6) and uncheck the print option for that layer.

HTH!
Christen
Scribus 1.4.0 on Windows Vista 32-bit

https://feathercurtain.wordpress.com/

utnik

Quote from: Christen_Anderson on January 10, 2012, 04:44:09 PM...when it's time to print, go to the layers dialog (F6) and uncheck the print option...
you can uncheck the print option from the beginning – this is a standard procedure...

utnik

Jeremy E.

Thank you both very much, I'm going to try that right now. I'd never really messed with layers, so this may be a learning experience for me.