Search and Replace not working

Previous topic - Next topic

Stranger

Hi everyone,

Search and replace is not working (when I enter a word to search, it just comes up with nothing found, even if the word is present in document).

I looked  on the forums, but didn't really find anything, except the fact that it may not work with lots of text (and I do have lots of text). But I then did a trial run with little text, and it still didn't work.

I should point out that it did work, once... but I can't now remember if I did anything different on that occasion, although, that must surely be the case?

RodneyLee

are you clicked into the text box? that needs searching, I think I heard someplace it won't do all text in separate text boxes (I could be wrong)

Stranger

Hi RodneyLee,

Thanks but no, that doensn't seem to be it (just double checked).

RodneyLee

I figured I better test, I clicked inside a text box, hit search (not highlighted when not in Textbox) typed in a word and hit search and it shows as highlighted text in text box (Scribus 1.5.5)

RodneyLee

I figured I better test, I clicked inside a text box, hit search (not highlighted when not in Textbox) typed in a word and hit search and it shows as highlighted text in text box (Scribus 1.5.5)
cursor might have to be before the word to work.

Stranger

Hi Rodney,

I did manage to make it work, by playing around with the ideas you gave me. Also, I think hitting the 'clear' button on the 'find and replace' box seemed to unblock things. As I was saying, I had a lot of text, so things were pretty slow and it wasn't always easy to see the effect of what I was doing.

Thanks again.