EPS art appears stairstepped; ghostscript is installed

Previous topic - Next topic

inkuser

I'm getting decent results exporting from Illustrator as SVG.

Maybe SVG is my horse!

:)

mnawij

Did you try importing my pdf file into your version of Scribus?  This will help identify if there is an issue with your portable versions.  If you can import the pdf then it would be a problem with Adobe CC files and not Scribus per say.  Just an idea.

mnawij

inkuser

File > Import > PDF is not an option for my set up; PDF is not supported for "Import"

Thank you

mnawij

File -> Import -> Get Vector -> Choose pdf file

mnawij

inkuser

That is what I did; I merely typed that as a shorthand way of telling what I did.

;-)

a.l.e

so, importing the eps as vectors in 1.5 works perfectly...

but you wrote that you use 1.4...

and in 1.4 you can't import your file as vector (at leas i could not).

in this case you can load it in an image frame.

for the export you have to choices:

- you can activate the experimental embedding of pdf and eps (it's in the pdf export dialog) and you'll get a vector in your pdf, but you will lose the color management.
- or you can increase the resolution of the eps in the same pdf export dialog, in this case you'll get an high resolution bitmap in your pdf.

using portable version should not be a problem, but you will have to make sure that scribus detects ghostscript (and if you see a bad eps, it means that it works)

hope that this helped (and, sorry, yesterday evening i was in a hurry... and i missed the part about 1.4)

ciao
a.l.e

inkuser

Quote from: a.l.e on December 14, 2019, 08:17:39 AM
using portable version should not be a problem, but you will have to make sure that scribus detects ghostscript (and if you see a bad eps, it means that it works)

thank you, a.l.e.   Can you please clarify: "if you see a bad eps, it means that it works"  ?

Thank you!

RodneyLee

I dragged and dropped your eps into Scribus 1.5.5 and zoomed in a bit, Looks great to me

[attachment deleted by admin]

inkuser

a.l.e

if you see an eps in the image frame, it means that ghostscript is detected.
if don't see anything, then the cause might be (and probably is) that ghostscript is not detected.

yes, i know that it might seem weird, but sometimes having bad results might be a sign that things work as intended... at least the relevant part of the things : - )