error pdf exporting

Previous topic - Next topic

jim78b

i don't know why i see all my image and pdf correct and then i export and they are all wrong, i use scribus 1.5.5 portable
i attach an example of pdf and scribus file with attachments

[attachment deleted by admin]

a.l.e

looks like the same problem as last time.

you have images that are not fitting to their frames...

i'm wondering a bit how you get to this state...

i have a hard time believing that this could be related with the portable edition...

jim78b

i know what is the problem , i set the postscript 300 dpi in preferences, while if i set 75 all back normal

jim78b

Quote from: a.l.e on August 28, 2019, 11:28:57 AM
looks like the same problem as last time.

you have images that are not fitting to their frames...

i'm wondering a bit how you get to this state...

i have a hard time believing that this could be related with the portable edition...

sorry my i have a doubt in postscript preferences what is the dpi resolution must i set? with 72 if i click on a image and set to show in high resolution no difference with normal res instead if i set 75 there i a difference

a.l.e

a/ there are no eps images in your document (but the settings might also affect pdf files loaded in image frames, i don't know... it's possible)
b/ having changed the resolution for the eps export when exporting to pdf, i don't see any difference (but i might have not looked hard enough)
c/ changing the eps resolution should not modify the size of the image, only the number of points defining the image (at the same size). there might be a bug, but i have not heard of such a bug...
d/ i don't which eps resolution you are changing before you change the preview resolution, so i cannot replicate.
e/ you have pdf that are loaded in your image frames and you are using the pdf embedding (experimental feature: the experimental part should not really be a problem for you in this case):
f/ you should share a screenshot showing what the final pdf should look like (it's hard for me to understand what is going wrong... even if i can guess). or tell us exactly which images are wrong (for me the pdf looks exactly like the .sla... like the previous time)
g/ i've never heard from people that images get resized when exporting to pdf from scribus.
h/ since you have "simple" vector drawing in the pdfs you're loading into your document, you might want to import them as vectors and avoid using the pdf experimental embedding as vectors for image frames.

i still think that it's likely that you're doing a wrong manipulation but, of course, i cannot exclude a bug...

jim78b

thanks for view my problem but i think is a bug with the postscript dpi in settings

http://forums.scribus.net/index.php?topic=1219.0

must i REPORT THE BUG?

a.l.e

do you have exact steps that one can reproduce?

in this case, we need a rather exact description and a sample file to be able to fix the bug...

utnik

hi jim

if you really have this problem, you should report it – but the other forum thread you linked to isn't about a scribus issue. it's about a confusion of 'px' and 'pt'.

...and as ale wrote, you need to give a good step-by-step description...

utnik

jim78b

Quote from: utnik on August 28, 2019, 03:23:08 PM
hi jim

if you really have this problem, you should report it – but the other forum thread you linked to isn't about a scribus issue. it's about a confusion of 'px' and 'pt'.

...and as ale wrote, you need to give a good step-by-step description...

utnik

i correct my self after some tests if i plot with my real system printer the issue repeats! i see all correct in my monitor

FINALLY I RESOLVE ISSUE!
there is a option force dpi...it was set to 72!!! it create a mistake in my exporting ....now i resolve

[attachment deleted by admin]

a.l.e

so, you unchecked the option and got the good result in the pdf?

jim78b

yes but the negative side is if i try to print with system printer the error repeat

a.l.e

if this is what you're doing (and having issues with):
you should not directly print from scribus.

first create a pdf, then print it.

directly printing might work, but if does not, just don't do it.

jim78b

yes of course you have right, for an hour i try to make a pdf but for only one image that i insert in my file there was no reason to export correctly. so i decided to make my image as pdf and then save it as jpg is the right thing i think because scribus don't like very much pdf....or not?

a.l.e

for vector graphics, you should use png and not jpg.

indeed, scribus does not like that much pdf in image frames. you can say it that way.
but you can import the pdf you have as vectors.
you need to try "file > import > get vector file" with one of your file.
you will get vector elements inside of your scribus file.
if that fails, go for png. it's imho better than pdf for the graphics elements you have.

jim78b

Quote from: a.l.e on August 28, 2019, 09:13:48 PM
for vector graphics, you should use png and not jpg.

indeed, scribus does not like that much pdf in image frames. you can say it that way.
but you can import the pdf you have as vectors.

i try it but the file become very large i know

you need to try "file > import > get vector file" with one of your file.
you will get vector elements inside of your scribus file.
if that fails, go for png. it's imho better than pdf for the graphics elements you have.

yes png is better the only annoying thing is that with autocad first i must make pdf then with acrobat convert it as png, autocad plot png directly but I need marked lines and AutoCAD hurts them in PNG