Tool to set 0,0 to top left corner of page?

Previous topic - Next topic

inkuser

Is there a tool to reset the zero point of the rules to be precisely at the top left corner of a page?

I can do it manually..after a fashion...but it's not exactly dead-on.

EDIT: I believe I found it, in the Document Setup > Display > General > Page Display

The item to check is: "Rulers Relative to Page."

That is one important item to remember!

utnik

hi inkuser

Quote from: inkuser on October 15, 2019, 01:27:42 AM...The item to check is: "Rulers Relative to Page."

the faster way is a double click at the square between the rulers (like in many other application...)

utnik

a.l.e

and the "self-documenting" way  is to right click the origin of the rules and pick "reset"...

personally, i wonder if scribus really needs to move the origin of the rulers...
it can for sure be handy in some cases, but nowadays i think there are better ways to achieve the same result.
and the only time i hear of it is when somebody is stuck with the origin at the wrong place.

i think i've used it once many years ago. but nowadays i go for snapping items and setting the position manually (with calculations in the input fields).
or use the multiple duplication. (and then set guides?)
it does not even snap to items... (it only "snaps" to the margins and the page borders...)

does anybody have a good use case, that cannot be done more easily with other tools?
(if possible, a use case that is not a typical vector drawing task that is way easier to be done in inkscape)