Unable to Place TIF's

Previous topic - Next topic

kisanis

Hi All,

I'm in the process of moving a non-profit from InDesign into Scribus.

I've tried doing some basic mock up work and I can't get my Tiff files to fill the image frames.
a Jpg works fine, but *all* of my tiff just create blank frames.

Is there something I'm missing here?

Let me know what additional info is needed and I'll post it up.

Thanks,

a.l.e

can you please post a tif file that shows up a blank?

... if the tif images are not high resolution images, with a bigger white space in the top left corner...
... in that case you just need no use the "window > properties" palette to resize the image to frame's size...

ciao
a.l.e

kisanis

So I just played around with the tif file in illustrator and I think it was an issue with the Tiffs retaining layers.

Once I flattened them into a single layer, it worked.

I'm guess scribus can't see tiff layers?

a.l.e

can you please post a sample tiff?

normally, scribus should not have issues with layers in tiffs...
but i cannot create a multilayered tiff from gimp and, since i don't otherwise have a need for tiffs, i cannot really try it out.

this having being said, creating a multilayered psd from gimp and loading it into an image frame does work correctly and the layers are recognized.
can it do it with tiffs, too?
it should...

really, it would be much easier if you just would create a sample tiff (two squares on different layers... that should not be hard to create, if you cannot share the image you have...) and upload it in here.

then we who help have fact to work with and people who will stumble on this thread in the future have things to work with and check if they're doing everything correct.

kisanis

Quote from: a.l.e on October 13, 2019, 10:45:51 AM
can you please post a sample tiff?

normally, scribus should not have issues with layers in tiffs...
but i cannot create a multilayered tiff from gimp and, since i don't otherwise have a need for tiffs, i cannot really try it out.

this having being said, creating a multilayered psd from gimp and loading it into an image frame does work correctly and the layers are recognized.
can it do it with tiffs, too?
it should...

really, it would be much easier if you just would create a sample tiff (two squares on different layers... that should not be hard to create, if you cannot share the image you have...) and upload it in here.

then we who help have fact to work with and people who will stumble on this thread in the future have things to work with and check if they're doing everything correct.

Hi A.L.E

I'll see what I can do to upload some pic in question. I've worked around it now, but my project team seems to be switching to scribus for all our documents, so I'm sure we'll have a lot more questions.

Thanks!