Scribus > Raster and Vector Graphics

transparency or no transparency

<< < (2/3) > >>

utnik:
hi ale

it's not about different frames.
as i understand, guillaume says that the white background is only visible in preview mode.

the real question is: what do you see in the exported .pdf file?

utnik

a.l.e:
ah, ok... yes, i've missed that word...

first: if you're doing "file > print preview", you should probably use "view > preview mode" instead.
does it look ok there?

and, indeed, does the pdf look ok?

Guillaume:
When doing the PDF print preview. it shows some warning triangles about things like resolution, empty frames... Indeed, my pictures had way too low a resolution.  I have increased the resolution to 300 dpi but, the problem has remained.  I guessI I will have to show you more of  the Scribus page.  So I will leave here and return when ready to do so.

Guillaume:
Well, I have returned already because of a tiny change, which may have implications for some of the forum readers.  The print preview has now returned the page with the girl's face on a transparent BCG.  Ah! I thought, now we're cookimg.  However, the printed page on my Epson delivered the BG error again, being white, the face surrounded by a white square.  So now you can't rely on print preview to give you a dependable  preview?!  I'll let you guys think this over...

utnik:
hi guillaume

did you print from scribus or export to .pdf and print from a .pdf reader?
…usually you should export to .pdf first!

utnik

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version