Page numbers - in text frame - add to multiple pages

Previous topic - Next topic

Wes

Hello,

I have a question about how to add a text frame (within which there will be an automatic page number) on multiple pages.

Context: I have a document that is almost 100 pages in length. It needs page numbers. I have a stylised aesthetic for the page numbers (these will be on the outside margin of the page, centred, between inverted braces - all this will need to be done in text frames).

Question: It seems I have to set up how I want the page number to look in a text frames (done), then group and save as a "scrap" (also done) then drag it individually to the right area on each page... one hundred times.

Isn't there a way I can tell Scribus: please place this thing here on each page in the document, on the left on even pages, right on odd pages?

System: OS Linux Mint.

Any help or pointers would be very appreciated.

a.l.e

Wes

Quote from: a.l.e on July 20, 2023, 04:29:48 PMhave you had a look at master pages?

But if I apply a master page to an existing page, then the existing material is deleted, superceded. Isn't that how it works? You have to apply the master page first, before you enter any data into the frames etc.

a.l.e

have you tried it on a new sample document?

in scribus master pages are layout behind the page they are applied to (layer by layer).

as an example, it is very common to put page numbers (and generally headers and footers) on a master page.

MrB

Whatever you have put on a normal page will not be removed by applying a master page. The only thing will be any content you may have customised on a previous master page.

Wes

Thank you very much for your reply. I was apprehensive at first but will do this 👍🏻

Wes

Quote from: MrB on July 21, 2023, 06:20:21 PMWhatever you have put on a normal page will not be removed by applying a master page. The only thing will be any content you may have customised on a previous master page.

Thank you to all who replied and provided much appreciated advice 👍🏻