text import problem

Previous topic - Next topic

fmclpeaca

When I import a text (.odt .html), only the names of paragraph styles and character styles are imported.
The text is formatted (color, italics), but has lost its attributes. To change the formatting, I have to change word for word.
Do you have a solution to this problem?
Thanks

Français
Lorsque j'importe un texte (.odt .html), seuls les noms des styles de paragraphe et des styles de caractères sont importés.
Le texte est mis en forme (couleur, italique), mais a perdu ses attributs. Pour changer la mise en forme, Je dois changer mot à mot.
Auriez-vous une solution à ce problème ?
Merci

a.l.e

you should use styles in libreoffice...
this is what i did when i used to layout a magazine with many (random) contributors.

first "normalize" the source and then import it in the layout program.

the "search and replace" dialog can also be of some help to you, but there is still no document wide search, so you will need to apply the changes to each chain of frames.

if you have suggestions on how scribus could improve (other than fixing the search and replace tool to act on the full document), you're welcome to tell us how you would expect it to handle your case...

fmclpeaca

Thank you very much for your answer.
I think I need to clarify my problem a bit, in the hope that you have another solution (otherwise, I will wait for the next version!). I use scribus 1.5.5.

Here is how I proceed:
- I use Libre office: paragrahe style and character style
- I clean the file with a script to remove all unnecessary styles
- I import the text into scribus (import .odt with styles)
- all styles are imported (paragraph and character), the text has its character formatting.
- Text formatting is not related to styles imported into scribus. Therefore it is necessary to redo the formatting of Libre office after its integration in scribus.

I have to do a Libre office formatting, because it's a collaborative document, and then I use it for html integration.
It's a bit long to do the corrections twice.

I may not have seen a scribus option that would solve this problem... Perhaps you can help me with that.
If you think this issue should be a proposal for scribus development, I could suggest it in the right forum.
Thank you

a.l.e

in that case, my hint is to use character styles for all the formatting that you want to be kept in scribus.

as an example, if you want to have some bold text, just create a character style called "bold".

or am i missing something in your workflow?

fmclpeaca

Thanks for your help.
I don't speak english well, so it's difficult for me to explain you.
In the attachement, you will see three steps : libreoffice file, then import in srcribus, at last how is the text in scribus.
The text is black and orange, italic or not. The caracters styles are import from libreoffice in the scibus list, but the texte has no style. So, if I can't to modify the whole orange italic text. I have to change sentence by sentence to apply scribus style, or libreoffice imported style.
Hoping that this explanations (and pictures) provides a better understanding...

[attachment deleted by admin]

a.l.e

in libreoffice, you need to create an "orange" style.

see the .odt and .sla file attached

[attachment deleted by admin]