List of inserted images

Previous topic - Next topic

Ragnarw

Hi everyone.
I am working on a 30 page photoalbum with about 180 photos. Now I somehow lost track of the inserted images in the project and I am wondering how I can export a list of inserted images with either a relative file path or absolute file path. I know I can find it in the .sla file but don't know how to filter out just the filename with the filepath. And the "Manage Images" option just makes one really confused staring at all the images.
Looking forward to hear from you guys.
Brgds.,
Ragnarw
Brgds.,
Ragnar W.

Nermander

I don't think you can do it from Scribus. At least not withtout scripting it.

If you don't need the path, you could maybe Collect for output into a temporary folder and make a (file) list of the images there (but I am not 100% sure Scribus retains the file name if for example two images have the same name but different path).

none

You can  open the sla-file with a text-editor. search for "pfile", and you get your path. maybe it helps ...

a.l.e

this scribus wiki page presents one of the versions of the export all texts that can simply export the name of all images in the current document:

https://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/Export_all_text

if you don't know how to create a python script based on this, just ask and i'll provide you a file you can download.

Ragnarw

Hi a.l.e

I would be very greatful if you wold create a script for me and tell me how to use it. Althoug working with computer for many years now I never worked with python or other kind of programing. So please and thank you.
Brgds.,
Ragnar W.
Brgds.,
Ragnar W.

a.l.e

hi ragnar

here it is:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/aoloe/scribus-script-repository/master/export-all-images/export-all-images.py

- follow the link above.
- "file > save" in your browser.
- in scribus, trigger "scripter > execute script" and pick the file you just  saved. (it's probably called "export-all-images.py)
- when asked for a file name, pick one that does not exist yet (with a ".txt" ending)
- open the .txt file with a text editor and do whatever you want with the list of file names : - )

Ragnarw

Hi a.l.e.
Thanks for your work, but it does not work. The txt output file is attached.
Just to be sure I'm doing it right.
1 I downloaded "export-all-images.py"
2 I open the project in scribus.
3 Script>Execute Script, opened the script file
4 Entered a name for the output file with .txt extension
and the result is in the attachment "mynd.txt"
If you could look into it I would be grateful.
B.t.w. If it matters, my scribus is version 1.4.6
Best regards,
Ragnar W.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Brgds.,
Ragnar W.

utnik

hi ragnar

i downloaded ale's script, saved it where i keep my scripts for scribus and tested it with scribus 1.4.8 and 1.5.6.
with both scribus versions it generated a list with the paths to all the placed images.
i don't know what went wrong when you tested it...

utnik

Ragnarw

Hi Utnik.
Thanks for testing. I'll then try again and try to find out what I did wrong.
But thangs guys for all your help,
brgds,
Ragnar W
Brgds.,
Ragnar W.

Ragnarw

Hi guys, Ale and Utnik
I tried again this morning and it works fine. A complete list.
I guess a reboot was required to clean up the mess in the computers memory. (Windows not Linux)
Thanks and brgds.,
Ragnar W.
Brgds.,
Ragnar W.

a.l.e

nice to see that it finally worked for you.
(in the future (maybe not that far away), there will be a way to produce such a list without using a script)

of course, a reboot was needed at all. at least not for the computer.
but starting from zero again, and following instructions step by step often helps getting on the right path.

Ragnarw

Brgds.,
Ragnar W.