Crop Marks problem

Previous topic - Next topic

sjrwhc

When exporting a pdf file including crop marks, although the document is set to 3mm bleeds on top, bottom, outside, and 0 mm inside, the resulting pdf includes the cut marks on the inside too. I am having problems with the printer facility for they are asking me not to include the interior crop marks.
This is a 16 pages brochure in A5, the document is set as facing pages .
How can I export a document without those inside crop marks? Thank you!

RodneyLee

Manually do crop marks (do once and cut and paste to each page) or leave them off entirely let the printer deal with them, long as your bleed is correct

a.l.e

every so often we ear about printers not being able to handle this or that.
about printers not being able to print some specific documents generated by scribus.

but we never read the printer themselves, only their clients and the information about what is going wrong is often very vague.

like in this case.
why does your printer have such requirements?

should scribus really have an option for putting the crop marks only on the outside?
or should scribus generally only put crop marks on the outside?
and what about the other marks?

i guess we need a printer to show up and tell us what makes sense.

at the end, printers who need (crop) marks should normally be able to generate them based on the bleeds of the pdf.
so, in your case, i guess that you simply should provide the pdf without the crop marks and let the print shop add the correct marks where they need them. and this is the task of a pre-press tool...

sjrwhc

Quote from: a.l.e on September 02, 2019, 04:34:07 PM
every so often we ear about printers not being able to handle this or that.
about printers not being able to print some specific documents generated by scribus.

but we never read the printer themselves, only their clients and the information about what is going wrong is often very vague.

like in this case.
why does your printer have such requirements?

should scribus really have an option for putting the crop marks only on the outside?
or should scribus generally only put crop marks on the outside?
and what about the other marks?

i guess we need a printer to show up and tell us what makes sense.

at the end, printers who need (crop) marks should normally be able to generate them based on the bleeds of the pdf.
so, in your case, i guess that you simply should provide the pdf without the crop marks and let the print shop add the correct marks where they need them. and this is the task of a pre-press tool...

thank you, I just called their help hotline to find a workaround (flyeralarm) they told me the same to send it without cropping marks as long the bleed is set correctly (3mm up, down, bottom, 0 interior) So I did export one without cropping marks. These are their requirements:
https://www.flyeralarm.com/sheets/de/mag_a5_mass.pdf

sjrwhc

Quote from: RodneyLee on September 02, 2019, 03:40:52 PM
Manually do crop marks (do once and cut and paste to each page) or leave them off entirely let the printer deal with them, long as your bleed is correct
thank you, I just sent a pdf without crop marks.