Importing images - low resolution?

Previous topic - Next topic

Nermander

I am not saying that I am working that way, but other people may.

We need to remember that often Scribus is used by inexperienced users, so why there may be better ways to do things, inexperienced users tend to not always do things the best way:)

I think it is important to try to help inexperienced users while at the same time not disturbing experienced users.

I know a lot of people who never bother with file names, instead they use preview to find the right file (no matter if it is a Word document or an image).

Personally I am picky with file names, but that is mainly because I am so used to using Total Commander as a file manager.

For example at work our quality department has made folders:
Internal audits
External audits
among dozens of other folders.

I would have named them:
Audits - external
Audits - internal

a.l.e

well, it's exactly because of inexperienced users that i would like to remove the information:

they see 72 dpi and they panic...

of course, the width and the height + the preview are very important there...
but, in my eyes, the resolution does more harm than good... there.

mnawij

I have to agree with a.l.e. on this one, unless the meta data can be read at the actual print resolution.  InDesign, Quark and even M$ Publisher displays the actual print resolution correctly for images.  I have attached the links palette from InDesign as a possible example.

Cheers!
mnawij

[attachment deleted by admin]

utnik

hi mnawij

the attached palette is the indesign equivalent to 'manage images' in scribus, and there you'll find the effective resolution. (unfortunately still called 'dpi' instead of 'ppi'...)

utnik

mnawij

I know utnik :D I just would like to see this information put in the dialog box the OP put up.

mnawij