Scribus > Raster and Vector Graphics

image drag or insert?

(1/3) > >>

jim78b:
is the same thing if i drag from the explorer window or i insert an image in scibus? because i saw that the file size is different ?!

jim78b:
What affects more on the size of the files? I looked at the images and the pdfs occupy only a few kb, the tables perhaps?

utnik:
hi jim

--- Quote from: jim78b on August 09, 2019, 10:35:45 am ---is the same thing if i drag from the explorer window or i insert an image in scibus? because i saw that the file size is different ?!

--- End quote ---

should be the same (and the same file size, if the resolution and compression is the sameā€¦)

--- Quote ---What affects more on the size of the files? I looked at the images and the pdfs occupy only a few kb, the tables perhaps?

--- End quote ---

images can add a good amount to the file size. but as i said before, it depends on the resolution and compression of them.

utnik

Nermander:

--- Quote from: jim78b on August 09, 2019, 11:46:34 am ---What affects more on the size of the files?

--- End quote ---

At least in the past Scribus used to place each individual glyph separately on the page, which means the coordinates information takes a lot more space than if the text is instead placed line by line. I am not sure if there has been any changes to this.

Also embedded fonts can take up a lot of space.

jim78b:
What is glyp?i write text in frames

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version