Pdf or eps?

Previous topic - Next topic

jim78b

Hello i have scribus portable 1.5.4 why if i import pdf tell me that is a placed pdf and if i import the same file as extension .eps scribus when i plot  don't tell me any advice about that eps is a placed file ?
What is better ?pdf or eps .with eps in win7 i have any preview with irfanview instead with pdf i see the preview.please clear my thinks....thanks

utnik

hi jim

i wouldn't use the outdated .eps container format anymore, unless an old plotter or cnc cutter won't handle anything more recent.
scribus warns you about placed .pdf files because they are either rasterized or ignored by the color management. if the placed .pdf file has the right color profile (or precise colors don't really matter), you may keep it untouched, otherwise check if the export resolution for .pdf (and .eps) files is sufficient...

utnik

jim78b

I create my pdf with autocad i unknow resolution.i no assign a color profile ...or how can i remove the advertisements?

utnik

hi jim
Quote from: jim78b on August 06, 2019, 05:54:31 PMI create my pdf with autocad

i don't know what you're exporting (cad plans, perspective visualisations...) – but perfect color matching might not be required here.
Quotei unknow resolution.

if your placed file needs to be color managed, scribus will rasterize it with the resolution set under 'save as .pdf' → 'general' → 'resolution for .eps graphics'.
if you don't need them color managed, check 'embed .pdf & .eps files'. (but if your print shop requires everything in cmyk and your .pdf files are in rgb, that won't be an option...)
Quote...how can i remove the advertisements?

what advertisements?

utnik

a.l.e

i guess: "advertisements" (=pubblicità) is a false friend of "avvertimenti" (warnings)...

he would like to remove the "placed pdf" warnings...

if you mean the warning in the preflight verifier, you can uncheck it from "file > preferences > preflight verifier" (or "file > document settings > preflight verifier" for the current document...).

ciao
a.l.e