Include font from relative path

Previous topic - Next topic

tuxmain

Hello,

I am creating a flyer with Scribus 1.5.4 (Linux). Since I understood that images are included by relative paths, I put the sla file in a folder containing all the images (so it can be edited on other computers).

Now I would like to translate the flyer, creating one sla file per language. It would be stupid to embed the same fonts in each file, so I wonder if it is possible to include fonts from a relative path (so I can create a 'fonts' folder).

Thank you.  :)

a.l.e

yes, if you close all your documents, in file > preferneces > fonts, you can set additional paths where you have your fonts.

... on the other side, i didn't know that scribus would automatically load fonts from the document's directory (ok, it should do so for idml files...)

tuxmain

I saw that option but it looks like it is specific to the local installation.

I'm looking for the equivalent of this CSS code, included in the document but independent of the computer:
font-family: url(fonts/MyFont.otf);

I will test the additional paths.

a.l.e

as said, the way to do it, is to add the fonts to a central directory and activate that directory in the scribus preferences.

but, as far as i know, scribus might be able to recognize fonts that are in the same directory as the .sla document.
or at least it might be supposed to do so.
but you have to test that.

tuxmain

It works! Fonts in the project file's folder are automatically detected when opening the document. I didn't need the "additional paths".

Thank you!

a.l.e

Nermander

That then makes "Collect for output" an even more better solution (since it can collect all images and used fonts into one folder).