Scribus > PDF Generation

First page on wrong side of PDF

<< < (2/4) > >>

a.l.e:
How could I know where your post has gone? : - )

Just try again...

discus277:
I tried to POST again and the two attachments upload for a couple minutes then the screen switches to some general screen and  there is no post....no explanation

I thought since you seem to be a knowledgeable forum moderator you might know what is going on.  I certainly do not.

I would have thought the post with the screen shots would have been some help .....did you look at them?

Thanks, Jim

a.l.e:
hi jim

i did some checks:

- you have the rights to upload attachments. (and this is confirmed by the fact that you did upload two PNGs)
- you have 4 contributions, which are the ones i see in this thread.
- i the logs i have access to, there is no trace of a failed upload.

and the screenshots seem to show that you correctly did setup the facing pages in scribus (but are wrongly using the grid... hint: never activate the grid, except if you're doing vector graphics... which you probably should not do with scribus...).
and it shows a pdf view that is not correct.
but i have no clue, how you did create the other view.

are you going through "file > export > to pdf..."?

if you upload the .sla and pdf i can:

- check that the pdf indeed shows up with facing pages / with the correct starting page
- check that the creator of the pdf is the scribus pdf engine
- check the document setup for the .sla
- try to produce a .pdf from that .sla and see what heppens

... all things that i cannot do with a png.

you might want to try to first zip the .sla and .pdf and upload the zip...

ciao
a.l.e

discus277:
I just tried uploading two .zip files and got the same result

It seems to take a very long time for the upload (and I have a fast fibre optic line) ....a progress screen shows the % of upload as it goes. At 100% the screen goes to the "Start a New Topic" screen and the post is not there....????

Can you help me a little with this suggestion you made....

(but are wrongly using the grid... hint: never activate the grid, except if you're doing vector graphics... which you probably should not do with scribus...).

Sorry but I don't know about "activating the grid" .....what do I need to do differently?

Jim

discus277:
I should have added that I did try file> export> PDF and got the same result

Jim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version