Default paragraph and text styles don't work properly

Previous topic - Next topic

Biblio

Hello,

I am using 1.5.8 on Ubuntu 22.04 and I wanted to make things easier by making the default paragraph and text styles be those I would use with the text in my document (instead of having separate styles). Scribus quit unexpectedly, and all of a sudden, they do not work properly. I don't know if this is a bug or not (I don't even know how to file a bug report).

When I save and quite, all text set to the default style disappears when I reopen the document (I have to reapply the style to have it come back). Also, the default paragraph style kept going back to fixed line spacing (if that is what it is called in English). So far, that last issue seems to be fixed, as I restarted Scribus. However, I can't have my text disappear whenever I open my document.

Anyways, this is not normal. Do you have any idea as to what is going on?

goto_coder

Not an expert here, but this is what I would try:

Did you try whether this also happens to newly created documents?

You could also check for error messages when starting Scribus from the commandline.

Perhaps one of the config files in your home folder got corrupted by the application's crash?

By the way, bugs can be reported via the bug tracker at bugs.scribus.net (I think you are required to create a login there).