Text Flow Around Frame

Previous topic - Next topic

sealegs

I am just beginning with Scribus and am currently stumped with one of the tutorials that I am watching.  I have inserted a text box then an image box and the video says to go to text properties in the "Windows; Properties" pull down.  When I go the the "Text Flow Around Frame" it has it "DISABLED"  How do I enable this option?

Nermander

The most common issue is trying to change it for the wrong object.

You are supposed to change it for the image frame, not the text frame.

sealegs

a.l.e

hi

would you mind giving us the link to the tutorial or more details on what exactly you have tried?

ciao
a.l.e

sealegs

Not sure how that will help, but it is this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sEoYZGABQM

But it is me that cannot select the image box and have the text wrapped around it. The picture is attached

[attachment deleted by admin]

sealegs

a.l.e

And what was the problem?

(i've asked about the tutorial, because it might be misleading... or it might be correct and we can tell you that following it step by step will help you solve your issue... or we might see where you have the issue... who knows?)

a.l.e

I've had a quick look at the video... here my comments:

- activating the grid is for most users a bad habit. don't do it. (hint: use guides and the guides manager instead)
- checking the "convert spot colors..." options in the pdf export settings is probably not a good idea.

there rest seems to be fine... i uses a really old version of scribus but one should be able to follow it with any version of scribus...

sealegs

Somewhat embarrassing as I was a computer tech and have been working with them since well before the personal computer!!  T Just had to select the " Use Frame Shape".  Just need to experiment a little more, plus the video is obviously outdated and was probably an older version of the software.
Thanks for you patience.