Scribus > General Discussion

Open document at last saved page

(1/3) > >>

enzogian:
Hello there,
does someone know on some settings or trick to make Scribus file open the document at the very last saved page (I mean opening in the page where you did save your last changes ?) it can be helpful when having to hand a quite big document having to scroll or click in the page you were working last (perhaps helpful either for people with bad memory like me who would not remember easily the last page was working on  :'( ?
hope it makes sense.
Thanks

RodneyLee:
haven't looked sounds like it would be INSERT instead of open at, can you open 2 doc's and cut and paste at end?

a.l.e:
no, i don't think that it's currently possible with scribus.

but it would probably be easy to implement.
as a preference and document setting...

personally, i mostly work on small documents and i don't really have a need for this feature, so let's ask the other readers: should scribus optionally jump to the last edited page, when opening a document?

enzogian:

--- Quote from: a.l.e on May 03, 2019, 03:53:13 pm ---no, i don't think that it's currently possible with scribus.

but it would probably be easy to implement.
as a preference and document setting...

personally, i mostly work on small documents and i don't really have a need for this feature, so let's ask the other readers: should scribus optionally jump to the last edited page, when opening a document?

--- End quote ---

Hi ale, how can we ask (sort of poll ?) not sure if there is a way to do that in the forum ?
I would, in the meantime, post it as a poll in the facebook group i've created for Scribus either :

https://www.facebook.com/groups/scribus/

Thanks.

dragonfly:
Since the scribus document (*.sla) is an xml document, one simple approach might be to use meld app https://meldmerge.org/ to compare old *.sla with new *.sla documents. That is, keep a saved copy which can be used as a template to look for changes made (doc1 compare with doc2).
Meld is found in my Ubuntu software centre and probably in Windows.
Meld will show all changes to the document template and not just the last saved page. A python script might also be written to run meld via command line.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version