How to insert image frame

Previous topic - Next topic

m s narayanan

Dear all
I have insert image frame of same size in about 60 pages and get images at one go.

Now i do it for individual pages which takes lot of time.

Please guide me in this respect.

Thanks

M S Narayanan

Davefilmsus

Try it in a Master Page. But, I've found that in 1.5.5 on my Mac 10.15.2, that i can only have two or three different Master Pages.

utnik

hi m s narayanan

Quote from: m s narayanan on April 24, 2017, 06:25:21 PM
Dear all
I have insert image frame of same size in about 60 pages and get images at one go.

Now i do it for individual pages which takes lot of time.

i never inset a whole lot of images in a go – no help from me on this. but i sometimes need a bunch of similar image frames on different pages. here scribus offers different tools:

• if you need your image frame on a couple of pages scattered irregular across your document, the scrapbook is the way to go. just insert one image frame and format it to your needs (test flow, frames...) and with a right cllick 'send to' → 'scrapbook'.. whenever you need this image frame again, a double click at the item in the scrapbook window will place a copy of it at the original position on the actual page.
  • if you need it at the same place on following (even or odd) pages, there is 'duplicate/transform' → 'multiple duplicate' in the 'item' menu. with this you may create copies of your formatted image frame (or any other item) with a defined horizontal or vertical gap or shift. in your case it would be a vertical shift of the combination of page hight and the vertical gap between your pages. (in scribus 1.5.6.svn there is a new option: 'duplicate/transform' → 'multiple duplicate' → 'by page'. this makes the task a lot easier.)

Quote from: Davefilmsus on January 24, 2020, 02:12:16 AMTry it in a Master Page.

master pages won't work for this, as the content of a master page is not editable on the actual document page. (there would be the same image on every page when the same master page is used...)

QuoteBut, I've found that in 1.5.5 on my Mac 10.15.2, that i can only have two or three different Master Pages.

this is strange. i've never seen something like that – and a short test on macOS 10.14.6 with scribus 1.5.5 and 1.5.6.svn doesn't show such a restriction...

utnik

a.l.e

the "easy" way is to create a python script that insert the images on each frame...

but you need to know a bit of python or find somebody that writes the script for you.

on the other side, writing a script is more fun but for 60 pages there is probably a faster but more tedious way:

- in "file > import > images" select all images in the "right order" (or 10 by 10... it might be easier)
- and then click on each empty image frame (or the next 10).

try it first on a sample document with only few sample images...