apply a rule style in text filter

Previous topic - Next topic

uwebber

When importing a .txt file into scribus using the text import filters, is it possible to recognize a rule style yet?

To give more insight into this, the reason is we have a 6 column layout that you can import a txt file into, and it fills about 30 pages full of text. Throughout this text there are many section titles so they need to have a black backround with white text on top of it. This is accomplished in quark and indesign by using a 'rule' style and making a thick rule that has lots of leading to move it up in behind the white text.

I know past versions of scribus couldn't do this and it's always been our only reason we've never moved to scribus, but rather than downloading it again and uninstalling it if it's not possible, I thought i'd just ask if anyone's done this yet in version 1.4

cheers

John_Jason_Jordan

Quote from: uwebber on December 04, 2011, 09:19:34 PMWhen importing a .txt file into scribus using the text import filters, is it possible to recognize a rule style yet?
To give more insight into this, the reason is we have a 6 column layout that you can import a txt file into, and it fills about 30 pages full of text. Throughout this text there are many section titles so they need to have a black backround with white text on top of it. This is accomplished in quark and indesign by using a 'rule' style and making a thick rule that has lots of leading to move it up in behind the white text.
I know past versions of scribus couldn't do this and it's always been our only reason we've never moved to scribus, but rather than downloading it again and uninstalling it if it's not possible, I thought i'd just ask if anyone's done this yet in version 1.4

I think it is possible. I have 1.4.0 RC6 on Fedora 16 and I just tried it. I am not sure I succeeded because I am not positive what effect you want. But you can define a rule according to the width and offset.
Linguistics on Linux!