Announcements > Announcements and Forum Rules

layout: RTL columns

(1/2) > >>

heshy507:
I cannot find a way to create columns that read from right to left. in Hebrew, we need to have the first column on the right side and the second on the left side of the page. i don't believe this option is available
(in word, this effect is achieved by layout>page_setup>layout>section_direction)

a.l.e:
personally, i normally prefer to create the column by first defining the guides from "page > manage guides".
you can use the "rows and column" tab to create columns.
if you create the "columns" on a master page, you will then have them on each page based on the master page.

if you work with "real" columns, it will be easier to align text snippets and images with your text... and RTL won't be an issue anymore : - )

it would be nice if somebody who has a need for it would continue the work for the RTL support in scribus. the basics are there, now we need multiple small features : - )

Nermander:

--- Quote from: heshy507 on April 08, 2019, 09:54:49 pm ---I cannot find a way to create columns that read from right to left.

--- End quote ---

What version of Scribus are you using? I think RTL support is fairly new (or not even finished?).

a.l.e:
ok, i checked: columns do work in RTL mode...

so, nermander seems to be right: you first need to get a recent development version, if you want to use RTL.

still, in most cases, using guides for creating columns is imo a better way to do create a layout.

ciao
a.l.e

heshy507:
I am using version 1.5.4

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version