Image Files Not Removed from Database

Previous topic - Next topic

Red Toque

Hi:

I added some images which I later discovered needed to be... "fixed". I double clicked the Image Frame to delete them, but now when I try to reintroduce them (with the same image file # of course), I can't.  The image file number is stuck in the database.  I select "get" the image, which opens up the window where the files are located on my computer. I select the correct file, but the only thing that appears on the screen is a large X across the entire Image Frame and the image file # in red, but no image.

Oh ya, if I open Manage Images,  the file # appears, without a preview and again, a large red X

I've also right clicked> Content> Clear, which removes the red X and image file reference #, but replaces the red X with a black X.  If I "Get Image" again, the same result with the red X and image file # as above.

Any suggestions as to how I can clear this reference?

Thanks for your time,
Miguel

[moderation: i've removed the microsoft word document you've attached: if you want to show a picture, please upload the piicture itself, not a word document containing the picture.]

a.l.e

as far as i can tell, there is no such "database".

you can always load images in image frame, and it does not matter what was there before or which images you already have loaded in the same document.

Red Toque

Hi. Whether there is a database or not, why then can't I load an image into the frame?  As you can see from the screenshots something is interfering with my ability to add that same image into the frame. The previous image was a PSD and the only way I could upload a replacement was by converting it into a PNG.

Again, thanks for your time,
Miguel

mnawij

Did you make any edits to the .psd file after you placed it into Scribus?

mnawij

Red Toque

Hello mnawij:

Yes, I did. As I wrote earlier, I discovered that I needed to "fix" some images, and I probably fixed them before I removed them from Scribus.

Thanks for your time,
Miguel

mnawij

Hi Miguel,

Were any of these fixes layer adjustments or applying filters?  I have run into issues with using psd files previously in Scribus but not your exact problem... I find that rasterizing all type and flattening the image before placing into Scribus fixes most of my problems but I now just save all the final images to be placed as flattened .tif files, saves on headaches, but a little extra work and time.  Which version of photoshop are you using? I have been having issues with pdf files generated from the newest CC version, maybe the psd version is newer than the psd library used in Scribus...

Cheers!

mnawij

Red Toque

Hi mnawij:

Yes, the fixes did involve layers, so, your experience will come in handy.  I'll try flattening the PSD and if that doesn't work, saving as a TIFF.

Also, I am using the most recent cc version, so the TIFF alternative might, in situations such as this, be the solution.

Thanks so much for sharing your experience with me,
Miguel
BTW where in the world are you?  I'm in Toronto.

mnawij

Thanks Miguel,

Please post the outcome with flattening the psd.  I reside in the greater Los Angeles area.

Cheers!

mnawij