Preventing a picture frame (line) from getting on the image itself

Previous topic - Next topic

xp15

Hey, when using the outline for an image, the border covers part of the image, it's more visible if you thicken it.
Any way to make it thickens only outward?

mnawij

Hi xp15,

I do not believe that Scribus has that fine of control over lines, determining whether it expands from inside, middle or outside.  If you put the stroke/line behind the image as a separate item and increase the size, it will hide the inner expansion and visually increase the exterior of the line.  Please let me know if this is what you need.

Cheers!

mnawij

xp15

Thanks. That's a genius idea! It does help.

Just need to copy the img frame or to create a new one (it's important to set a color for the stroke instead of the default none).

A second question, is there a way to pick a full hidden item?
Let's say I put the border frame behind the img one, do I have to move the img onw to get to the one behind it? Or is there a way to reach it like layers in Gimp?

mnawij

I do not think that Scribus has the option to select items below the currently selected object as other programs do at least I have not found it.  I always use layers for what you are seeking to do and I just turn off the top object layer to access the object underneath on the lower layer.  Hope this helps!

Cheers!

mnawij

utnik

Quote from: mnawij on March 06, 2019, 08:23:50 PM
I do not think that Scribus has the option to select items below the currently selected object...

yes, you can select objects below others – just press the 'ctrl' key!

utnik

mnawij

utnik,

hmmm, I have been using Scribus for years and did not know that, thanks for the tip!

mnawij