Get rid of black lines in table

Previous topic - Next topic

ngux

I'm running the Scribus Version 1.5.4. I try to manage a simple but I cannot get ride of the black lines around the table and the lines around the cells.

Even when I go to properties > table > solids ligns... Put it in White, earse the with the square on the right... nothing works...  :'(

I cannot understand why there is is always lines by default around every objects in Scribus ! And why it is so difficult to get ride of them >:(

a.l.e

my general hint applies: don't use the tables in scribus (except if you're 100% you want to use them *and* you know how to manage them).
in scribus  the tables are a primitive tool that is only useful in very few cases.

in you're case, you seem on your way to get stuck... if the first thing you want to do is removing the borders and you don't manage to do it.

you'd better invest your time in figuring out alternative ways of doing presenting the information:
use tabs, import tables as "images" from office, or do some real infographics!

one day scribus will get a real tables tool... but it's not there yet.

ngux

Thank you, good to know. I remember a time it was also the case in InDesign.  :D

For now i'm using a .pdf form .ods
Is there a way to do a "smart object" linked to an .ods for exemple ? I didn't find anything link that but perhaps I've missed something.

Farland

Set the color of the lines to "none" and the size to 0.