Fonts in font preview but not available in styles

Previous topic - Next topic

jim98765

I am using Ebrima Regular, which is installed like any other font in the Windows\Fonts directory.  This font seems to be a "subset" font...I don't know if that makes any difference.

Why can the Fonts Preview screen show it but not styles?

I tried copying the font to the .sla file folder, but it still did not show up.

Is there something wrong with this font?

jack_cat

When I started to work with Scribus, I found out that the font I had been intending to use didn't work in Scribus - I forget exactly what the issue was, something like some of the font subsets worked but the bold didn't - and Google turned up info in the Scribus documentation that had a whole song and dance about font compatibility, together with a request for user feedback on what fonts worked or didn't work in Scribus, and after reading that I decided not to fight it and to just change to another font, which turned out to work. If a font doesn't work in Scribus, find another similar one and try it out in a test doc.sla. Pros buy fonts, but I don't. There are a lot of free fonts out there that are not pro quality, is what I found out, and Scribus being aimed at pro quality output is picky, perhaps arbitrarily, about fonts. Not for us non-programmers to reason why or figure out.