Total Newbie - importing from Microsoft Publisher - text boxes

Previous topic - Next topic

a.l.e

hi

i got the the .pub file from the bug tracker and:

- there does not seem any content in there that needs to be hidden from the world!
  guys, please make our life easier and share your work, when you want help on issues that happen with a specific file!
- i could not find any issue in the file.
  what you are experiencing is probably: "grouping". a few text frames are grouped with rectangles surrounding them.
  just ungroup them and you will be able to edit the text below it.
  i'm not 100% sure of it, but from your description, this could be the issue.

if i'm correct with the diagnose above, this issue could have been resolved in a matter of minutes if you would have provided the file and other people could have seen it.

if you want to learn about scribus, the flossmanual is not a bad resource: http://write.flossmanuals.net/scribus/introduction/

and if you have further questions, just open a new topic : - )

have fun!
a.l.e

CycleFelixstowe

Quote from: a.l.e on June 28, 2018, 08:38:50 AM
hi

i got the the .pub file from the bug tracker and:

- there does not seem any content in there that needs to be hidden from the world!
  guys, please make our life easier and share your work, when you want help on issues that happen with a specific file!
- i could not find any issue in the file.
  what you are experiencing is probably: "grouping". a few text frames are grouped with rectangles surrounding them.
  just ungroup them and you will be able to edit the text below it.
  i'm not 100% sure of it, but from your description, this could be the issue.

if i'm correct with the diagnose above, this issue could have been resolved in a matter of minutes if you would have provided the file and other people could have seen it.

if you want to learn about scribus, the flossmanual is not a bad resource: http://write.flossmanuals.net/scribus/introduction/

and if you have further questions, just open a new topic : - )

have fun!
a.l.e

Sorry about that - just followed the suggestion in the original post to make it private not realising that it would be counter productive.

Will try and ungroup and report back by editing this post. I may be calling for help again, though!

Edit: yes, a simple ungroup made the text boxes editable. Thanks again for all the help.
Also, full marks for adding a working import mechanism for Publisher files.
As can be seen up thread, it is a nightmare without this feature.

a.l.e

nice that that got sorted out!

(btw, the "rant" about uploading the needed file was not target at you directly: i rather wanted to leave a trace and maybe help people in the future to get better and quicker replies by providing enough information and files : - )