Scribus > Layout Issues

Documents printing larger than actual size

(1/3) > >>

Daytona:
Hi All,

I am designing 2” x 3.5” business cards using the OS X version of Scribus 1.4.0 rc6.

I drew a 2” x 3.5” box using the ruler and guidelines, but the problem is, when I print the document, the dimensions of the box are slightly larger than 2 x 3.5 inches.  The vertical is almost correct, but the horizontal is about an eighth of an inch longer than it should be.  My printer scaling is set to 100%, so I don’t know what would be causing this.

How do I get the program to print exactly the dimensions I have specified on the sheet?

Thanks in advance.

utnik:
hello daytona

do you have the same problem when you export your sla to a pdf and print it out of acrobat reader?
…if it's the same, it looks like a problem with the printer driver.

utnik

Daytona:
Exporting as a pdf solved the problem, thanks!

Meho R.:

--- Quote from: Daytona on November 15, 2011, 12:00:14 pm ---Exporting as a pdf solved the problem, thanks!

--- End quote ---
Just a note: it is really recommended to always export your document to PDF prior to printing. In other words, never ever use "Print" function directly from Scribus (some users even suggested that "Print" should be removed completely from "File" menu, since it's unreliable; even devs recommend that users always export document to PDF and print from a PDF viewer instead of printing directly from Scribus).

a.l.e:
hi meho...

... not 100% true but close to it :-)

one may use the print function in scribus, but if it fails (for any reason), it's probably not worth to try to fix it... just create a pdf and print it from adobe reader.

have a nice day
a.l.e

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version