Master Page gets drawn in Foreground of Pictures and Text

Previous topic - Next topic

Chemo

Hi. I have a weird problem.
It's about a scribus document that's about 4 years old. It opens without any problems and is displayed correctly, but when I export it to PDF all the images are kinda grey and lack color.
First I thought it's a color management problem, but then I realized, that the background image of the Master Page is transparently drawn ON TOP ofall the pictures and the texts. However, not on top of colored areas (e.g. background color of elements).

I was under the assumption that the feature of drawing Master Page elements in foreground is not implemented in my version of Scribus 1.4.6.

However, the background image on top doesn't really explain, how the pictures lose all their colors.

I attached two screenshots:
One shows the display in Scribus (everything allright) and the second shows the view after the export to PDF.
Both are very close zoomed, so it's easier to spot the stripes of the background image of the Master Document on top of the picture and the text.

Is this a configuration issue or a bug?
With another similar document I have no such problems. However, others experience the same behaviour with the document, with their Scribus installation.

[attachment deleted by admin]

utnik

hi chemo
i don't know what goes on here – but without the file (one single page with the placed objects...) it's hard to find out.

utnik

Chemo

You are right.

I reduced the document to one page with some example elements.

The problem occurs with any PDF export that supports transparency (>PDF 1.3)

utnik

hi chemo

the blend mode of the background layer is set to 'luminosity'. if you set it back to 'normal', everything should work as usual.

utnik

Chemo

Hmm...
Are you talking about the "mode" setting in the "transparency properties" area of the "colors" section in the element properties?
Because there Scribus shows to me the Mode "Normal" selected and also nothing changes when I change it to 'luminosity' or back.

See the screenshot (language is german though).

utnik

Quote from: Chemo on May 28, 2018, 12:42:58 PMAre you talking about the "mode" setting in the "transparency properties" area of the "colors" section in the element properties?

no, i'm talking about the 'blend mode' in the 'layers' palette.
utnik

Chemo