Images leave page

Previous topic - Next topic

stevecagan

Hi all--I'm using Scribus 1.4.6 on a MacBook Pro with OS 10.11.6 (El Capitan). I am composing a document that is a catalog of images. I have no trouble insert images (jpegs) and resizing them and organizing them on the page. But then, as I add more images, some of those I have already organized op off the page. They leave a box with the name of the file, and can be replaced pretty easily, but this is slowing my work to a crawl. The images that pop off seem to be random, from any one of the pages in the document. Nothing I do seems to provoke this--just happens.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

GarryP

Welcome to the forum.

Usually when Scribus replaces the image with a filename in an image frame it's because the image file has moved or been renamed (or the document - the SLA - has moved).
Scribus only maintains a link to the image files so if the image file is moved or renamed the link is broken - Scribus can no longer locate the image - and this will need to be fixed by you manually relocating the correct file.

Do you think this could be the cause of the problem?

(Image files on non-local storage might also cause similar problems but I haven't had that problem myself.)