Scribus > Bitmap Images

placing images inside table cells

(1/2) > >>

enzogian:
Hi,
I wonder how do I manage to insert (import) images inside the cells of a table ?
PS: I am new to this forum so not sure on all the protocols to follow when asking or reporting an issue..  (I am using the 1.5.4 version running on Windows 10)
Thanks and regards

RodneyLee:
if the cells are not changing just draw an image box over it and place image then group, Least this is the simple way I'd do it

enzogian:
Hi Rodney, thanks for your reply but the case is not the one you mention.. many times designers might need to assemble quite complex tables that could keep changing in size as the corrections and editing process goes on.. adjusting many different elements in the cells would certainly change the table sizes .. they need to be "dynamic" so to speak like when writing the text inside the cells.. I wish it could be possible having a command just to insert images inside the cell.

Thanks for your help ;)

enzogian:

--- Quote from: RodneyLee on May 16, 2018, 04:04:14 pm ---if the cells are not changing just draw an image box over it and place image then group, Least this is the simple way I'd do it

--- End quote ---

Hi Rodney I am very new on this platform so not sure if my reply managed to send you a notification.. in any case the reply is written in the topic messages..
Thanks (I still need to get familiar whit the forum platform not to mention the bug reports one..  I don't see either how to assign the category of the post etc.. lets see..

a.l.e:
hi enzo

tables are not a reliable tool in scribus.

and if you really need images inside of a table, i somehow wonder if you really need a table...
(but i can guess what kind of layout you might want to achieve...)

anyway, in scribus you can copy paste image frames inside of text frames... then, they're treated like characters.

but, again, i'm not sure what you want to achieve is best done with scribus...

ciao
a.l.e

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version