Two questions: Copy Paste Styles and Organizing styles

Previous topic - Next topic

daniel

In Inkscape I can ctrl-Shift-v to copy and then paste a style to another selection. Can I do this in Scribus?

Second, I have a lot of styles for different documents. Is there any way to organise them better so that I don't have to scroll a lot to find them. I've taken to adding a numbered prefix so the ones I'm using are at the top but I bet there's a better way.

a.l.e

you partially can, but i'm not sure it's really (as) useful (as in inkscape).

for text, you would want to use styles.

(and for organizing the documents, you can use the "find" function in your operating system / desktop manager or a document manager; if you just want to open the last file you've opened in scribus, just open scribus from the list of applications and use file > recent files to one of the 5+ latest documents)

GarryP

a.l.e, I think daniel knows to use styles to format text, since the question being asked - as I read it - was whether there was a way to organise styles within a document, not about how to organise documents.

daniel, at the moment - in 1.4.6 at least - there's no in-built way to organise styles. They come in the order that Scribus puts them - alphabetically - and there's no way to override that without naming them in a specific way, as you are already doing.

Just out of interest, how many styles do you have in your documents? For most documents it's usual not to have more than a dozen paragraph styles and maybe the same amount of character styles (possibly a few more). I'm not saying that you're doing anything wrong - you can have as many styles as you want - I'm just curious as to why you need so many is all.