Over Ink Coverage Issue [SOLVED]

Previous topic - Next topic

Farland

I'm trying to prepare an RPG book for print using Scribus.  It will be printed via lightningsource publishing.  Their recommendations are to use US Webcoated SWAP 2 as the color profile, but to manage image color in photoshop.  They recommend creating a custom color profile and setting the max ink to 235.  I did that for every image in my text.  Then I exported to a PDF, set Scribus to use US Webcoated SWAP 2 as the intended color profile. When I open the PDf in acrobat and look at it in preflight color management, it shows all of the images as over 240 in ink coverage.  Any idea what I am doing wrong?

utnik

hi farland

Quote from: Farland on February 19, 2018, 05:32:56 PM...set Scribus to use US Webcoated SWAP 2...

...it shows all of the images as over 240 in ink coverage.

i don't know this profile, but it looks as it would limit the color coverage to something around 300%.
either you don't use colors with higher coverages than your printer can deal with, or you should use an icc profile which has the same low limit...

utnik

Farland

Quote from: utnik on February 20, 2018, 12:50:00 AM
hi farland

Quote from: Farland on February 19, 2018, 05:32:56 PM...set Scribus to use US Webcoated SWAP 2...

...it shows all of the images as over 240 in ink coverage.

i don't know this profile, but it looks as it would limit the color coverage to something around 300%.
either you don't use colors with higher coverages than your printer can deal with, or you should use an icc profile which has the same low limit...

utnik

Thanks for the reply.  That was it-- the webcoated swop 2 made the ink limit 300. I googled and found a web coated swop 2 240 limit icc profile, installed that, and set scribus to use that profile.  It worked.