Default Style does not seem to work

Previous topic - Next topic

ealterman

It appears that what is set as the DEFAULT STYLE does not automatically apply to text in a new document.

Might I be missing a parameter or option? How can I make the DEFAULT actually apply to newly inserted text?

Using RC6 on Windows 7

Elliott Alterman

Nermander

There is also a default style set for text frames.

ealterman

Thank you for your response.

I believe that I have established the default style and made it applicable to the appropriate text frame. When I click on the frame and hit F2, and look at styles. it shows properly. However, when I GET TEXT, it ends up with NO style.

Is there something that I should check further??

Again, thanks for your input

Elliott

Nermander

I think that's a limitation of the Get Text function. But why not just select all text and set the default style?

ealterman

Quote from: Nermander on November 06, 2011, 07:08:42 PM
I think that's a limitation of the Get Text function. But why not just select all text and set the default style?

Thanks for your thoughts.

It seems to me that the DEFAULT style means just that - unless you choose another one, that is the one that is applied.

When building our newsletter, having a decent idea of the flow and appearance as text/images are added is necessary, so it's important to get the DEFAULT working.

Nermander

Yes, but the point is probably that the import (Get Text) functions "choses" a style for the imported text.

Many of the formats that can be imported bring their formatting into Scribus.

But for plain text there is no style to import. The dialog should probably incorporate a function to choose style for the imported text. But I think you can do that by using text filters.

http://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/Using_the_Text_Filter

ealterman

Quote from: Nermander on November 07, 2011, 09:10:32 AM
Yes, but the point is probably that the import (Get Text) functions "choses" a style for the imported text.

Many of the formats that can be imported bring their formatting into Scribus.

But for plain text there is no style to import. The dialog should probably incorporate a function to choose style for the imported text. But I think you can do that by using text filters.

http://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/Using_the_Text_Filter

That works beautfully!

Now, if we can get DEFAULT to actually be the default, that's even better.

Problem fixed.

Thanks

Elliott