Page size problem

Previous topic - Next topic

Donatien

Scribus 1.4.0 rc6

My Scribus documents will not save in the right pagesize.

I keep trying to save 5.5 X 8.5 but even though the ruler says that it is those dimensions, when you actually measure it a ruler is 6.6 X9.6.  Also when I export it to PDF it is still not 5.5 X 8.5, it is then other page size.

I have changed document setup, made a master page, and set the size there as well.

I am not sure where else to look for the problem.

How do force a document to be 5.5 X 8.5?  I even tried a start a brand new doc all completely preset to 5.5 X8.5 and it still gave me the larger size. (I ven got rid of the printer margins just in case that was the problem.

Any ideas?

Nermander

Where are you measuring? It sounds to me as if your are measuring on the screen? There is (if I'm not wrong) a setting in Scribus to set the scaling for the screen.

Meho R.

If you set "width" and "height" in "New Document" dialog to 5.5 and 8.5 (inches?), it will definitely be that size. To test it, export your document to PDF, open it with Adobe Reader, go to File > Properties and see what dimension are displayed there.

As Nermander said, there is an option to adjust display size (in case you're measuring with a ruler): Preferences > Display. However, if you're measuring document size with a ruler, pay attention to zoom. But still, this is most unreliable method and I don't see any reason to use it. Scribus's rulers are, on the other hand, reliable, so, if they say 5.5 and 8.5, the doc is indeed 5.5 and 8.5.