Preflight Verifier: errors with X-1a profile

Previous topic - Next topic

LesCM19

1. Image dimension is smaller than its frame: the images set to fit frame and not retain their proportions so why the error?

2. Object colourspace is not CMYK or spot: polygons & polylines (?) in a vector file (table from a Word doc) are throwing up dozens of errors

Just want to get this cleared up before I do any more work to it! Funnily enough, no errors verifying in X-3 profile so hopefully I'l be able to contact the printers (One Bookshelf) on Monday.
cheers

Les

utnik

hi les

i'm not really sure, what you're talking about!

1. do you read somewhere, that the image doesn't fit the frame? or is there a visible white space?
when i uncheck the 'proportional' box, my images fill the frames always (but there aren't many use cases for unproportionally stretched images in my work...)

2. afaik word never produced cmyk output. (at least not back in the days when i used it...) ... and a .pdf/x-3 veryfier shouldn't report an error for a mix of rgb and cmyk color spaces, as this is perfectly ok with the .pdf/x-3 specs.

if your printshop requires .pdf/x-3 files with all elements converted to cmyk, you should export as .pdf/x-1a!

utnik