1.5.3 Text Crashes

Previous topic - Next topic

RodneyLee

I just started having a bit of a crash problem in 1.5.3, I created a 44 page phone book (5.5x8.5)
I use a couple styles Bold centered Titles and listings, nothing fancy

Yesterday Scribus started crashing when ever I would move a line in the listings either up or down
I was able to save finally after removing styles from selected text the re-applying style, today I am just crashing every time I save after dropping a line down

any ideas on how to fix or what is happen?

RodneyLee

I just deleted all styles and scribus no longer crashes

a.l.e

if you still have the old file, can you please upload it to https://bugs.scribus.net with "as exact as possible" instructions to reproduce the crash?

ciao
a.l.e

RodneyLee

RodneyLee

OOpsi, back to crashing again, loaded 1.5.2 and got text in, but now gives signal #11 and crashes on load into 1.5.3

a.l.e

hard to say anything without being able to see the document...

RodneyLee

I did upload document to the Bug site, this has been interesting, went back to 1.5.2 worked for a bit then another type of error #6, tried 1.5.4 daily, worked like a champ, no crashes, had to re format a few things, painful but tolerable, this morning I tried the latest file made in 1.5.4 in 1.5.3 App-image and it work perfectly (wonder if the appimage was the issue?)

my file is a 44 page local (small town) phone book, can I post it here?

[attachment deleted by admin]

a.l.e

and what does trigger the crash?

any clue?

somehow i have the feeling that the cause might be related to the available memory...

RodneyLee

closing gaps in lines or adding a line, then hitting save

a.l.e

the file takes some time to load... so it could indeed be a memory issue (which would mean that you don't have enough RAM in your computer).

i've tried to add and remove a few lines and save the file and nothing happened.

in my case i don't have the original fonts nor the images, so my file might be lighter...
and i might have more RAM.

on a side note: you might want to learn about right aligned tabulator and "filling" them with dots...

RodneyLee

I have 16 gigs ram, I used to use the tabulator with dots, it really messed up so I dropped it, had styles but they seemed to cause the crashing...

thanks for checking, after it worked with 1.5.4 I went back to 1.5.3 and it all works again, very odd