Cursor doesn't change to show that I'm resizing image box, only moves!

Previous topic - Next topic

dezcat

My at-home Scribus computer is Ubuntu 17.04. When I want to resize a picture box, the cursor doesn't change when I hover over a picture box control handle, as it does in Scribus on a Windows machine.

Can I remedy this? I need the feedback that Scribus "knows" I'm about to resize, and not move, the picture box. That feedback needs to come in the form of the cursor changing to the 2-ended arrow.

Thank you!
writer, artist

a.l.e

i'm not on my linux computer right now, but i have the feeling that it works for me...

i can test on ubuntu later...

GarryP

I've just checked on a Ubuntu 17.04 VM with Scribus 1.4.6 and the cursor changes as expected.
Sounds like it's either a problem with the particular build of Scribus you're using or an OS setting.

dezcat

I just launched 1.4.6 and things appear to be behaving normally, so it sounds like I need to step away from the nightly build.
writer, artist

a.l.e

1.4.6 is qt4 based, 1.5.4svn is qt5 based... that might explain the difference.

i wonder if it's some theme or qt setting that you have changed...

GarryP

It's always best to stick to the latest stable version unless you absolutely have to use a function that is only available in a developmental version. Even then, it's best to use the stable version until you can go no further and then, and only then, make a copy of the file and use that copy in the developmental version (so you still have a copy you can use in the stable version).

The nightly builds are only for very experienced Scribus users who are doing testing and should not be used by normal users. The nightly builds could have all kinds of weird things in them as people are making various changes to the code for different reasons.

* Nightly Builds (currently 1.5.4) - For testing by very experienced users only
* Developmental Versions (currently 1.5.0 to 1.5.3) - For testing and experimentation by users who know what to expect
* Stable Version (currently 1.4.6) - For everyone else

dezcat

writer, artist