CreateSpace 8.5x11 PhotoBook

Previous topic - Next topic

24Peter

I am creating an 8.5 x 11 full bleed photobook for printing by CreateSpace. There will be many two page photo spreads (i.e., one photo spanning two pages for total of 11x17.) Best I can tell for a book under 150 pages it needs to have interior margin of .375, outside margins of .25 and an outside bleed of .125 all around. CreateSpace requirements call for submitting a .pdf with 8.625 x 11.25 output

I have set my document size in Scribus to 8.5 x 11 along with the aforementioned margins and bleeds. When I output to a pdf, and check it in Photoshop, it is only 8.5x11 no matter what "crop to" option I select. I assume this will be rejected by CreateSpace? So it looks like Scribus doesn't include the bleeds in the final output file?

utnik

hi peter

Quote from: 24Peter on November 09, 2017, 06:40:01 AMit looks like Scribus doesn't include the bleeds in the final output file?

yes, scribus does – but you have to tell it to do so...
i suspect, you didn't check 'use document bleeds' in the 'pre-press' tab of the .pdf export dialog.

utnik

24Peter

Ok, great thank you Utnik. Appreciate the clarification.

I am using the Double Sided Document Setup for the CreateSpace book. Do I need to use an inside bleed on this setup? Right now it's 0.125" top, bottom and outside with a .25" margin. The inside margin is .375 with no bleed. I'm pretty sure this is how CreateSpace requires the bleeds & margins. Make sense?