Euro Sign € Symbol -- no way to use in Scribus 1.5.8?

Previous topic - Next topic

Adi Mira Michaels

---- Deutsch weiter unten

Hi to all,
today I was very surprised to find that the euro symbol cannot be displayed in the current Scribus. No matter which font I use, a box is displayed, but not the character.
This applies to a whole range of tested fonts, e.g. Arial, Arial Narrow, Cheltenham, Times, and even Eurosymbol (font). All of these fonts have this character in the character set and can be displayed in Word or Corel programs, for example.

Can you try out whether it works on your computer?
Or is this a bug in Scribus?

-----------

Hallo an alle,
ich habe heute sehr überrascht festgestellt, daß das Euro-Zeichen im aktuellen Scribus nicht dargestellt werden kann. Egal, welchen Font ich dafür verwende, es wird ein Kasten angezeigt, nicht aber das Zeichen.
Dies gilt für eine ganze Reihe ausgetesteter Schriften, z.B. Arial, Arial Narrow, Cheltenham, Times, und sogar Eurosymbol (font). Dabei haben all diese Schriftzeichen dieses Zeichen im Zeichensatz, können es z.B. in Word oder in Corel-Programmen darstellen.

Könnt Ihr mal ausprobieren, ob es auf Eurem Rechner geht?
Oder ist dies ein Fehler in Scribus?

MrB

Like this? Note this is 1.5.9.svn but it is the same in 1.5.8 for me.

AdmFubar

works on my system.. out of curiosity.. what is the font used when you open a new document?

How are you inserting this character into your document?
Using Scribus 1.6.1, openSUSE 15.5
Advanced hobbyist

Portreve

Just tested it myself and [OPTION] + [SHIFT] + [2] in macOS inserts the € just fine.