Vertical text orientation in table

Previous topic - Next topic

Intercontinental

How do I rotate the text 90 degrees in a table cell?

PatJr

total cudgel but I got this but setting some text on a line and the cut and paste to a cell

had to convert the line to a bezier curve to get the text to stick to it

AdmFubar

one cell? or several? you could enter the text as needed and then rotate the table. Depends on your situation.
Using Scribus 1.6.1, openSUSE 15.5
Advanced hobbyist

PatJr

table in a table, looks like it might work, not exactly easy though

a.l.e

you don't need a table in table.

an inline frame inside of the the table cell is "enough".

- create a frame with your vertical text,
- rotate the frame,
- copy the frame (not its content!),
- enter the edit mode in the table cell,
- paste the the rotate frame inside of it.

inline-vertical.gif

BUT

as you see in the screenshot posted by PatJr, this will not work correctly with versions of scribus between 1.5.3 and the 1.5.8 included.

this has been fixed yesterday by jean: https://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=17031

you will need to compile scribus yourself or use a build newer than the 19th october 2023 (on linux, the current "daily" appimage will do)

p.s.: as an alternative you can always place a rotate text frame on top of the table cell... of course : - )

AdmFubar

I think i have a viable solution! Rotate the page. Portrait to landscape and back if needed. ;D

Ok that doesnt work! :(
However rotating the table does. In the properties tab for the selected table you can rotate to the angle needed.
Edit the contents your table and  then rotate.

If the table is going to be the only item on the page then the page orientation will work! it would print just fine.
Using Scribus 1.6.1, openSUSE 15.5
Advanced hobbyist

Intercontinental

Thank you all for the help. I found some solutions thanks to you, although they all feel like workarounds in a too limited software.