Announcements > Announcements and Forum Rules

Image will not load into image frame

<< < (2/2)

Nermander:
Another issue can be that the image is zoomed in so only a white/transparent part of the image shows. Right-clicking and selecting Adjust image to fram will solve this.

Happends to me very often when images have a way to high resolution.

a.l.e:
oh!

the scary white top left corner!

that could really be!

GregM:
OKAY - Thanks - I will give these a try and report back. I have been using GIMP and other varieties, so I'll try the GIMP scrub.

GregM:
I am not sure what happened.

I think the .sla file was corrupted. I chose another newsletter shell that was a .sla file and then was able to load the photo.

Do these .sla extension files corrupt easily?

I do thank everyone for the suggestions and I looked into every one of them. That did give me an opportunity to learn about both GIMP and Scribus.

GarryP:
SLA files are just XML (text) and are no more or less susceptible to 'corruption' than other files, depending on what you mean by corruption. One thing they have on their side, compared to proprietary-format files, is that if the file does become corrupted in some way you can use a text editor to try and fix the problem (as long as you can understand the XML).

I've been using Scribus for a while now and can't remember ever having an SLA that didn't load back into the application that produced it. (1.5.x files can't be opened by earlier versions but that's to be expected.)

It's unusual to have the same problem with two separate files but if they were generated from the same original document then I would guess that it was the original document that was wrong in some way. As, has been said, SLAs are just XML it would be unusual if the file itself had a problem but you never know how the document was created. There's a chance that it was created via a script and the script created the problem but that's difficult to prove without the original. If you can attach the original then someone might be able to pick through it to find out what's wrong.

Overall it's better to use your own documents rather than relying on other people's templates and suchlike. It can be a lot more work at first but once you get the hang of using Scribus it's pretty easy to knock up something usable which can be refined later.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version