My Beginner's Efforts. Thanks for your help

Previous topic - Next topic

Timbow

I have been preparing a sort of pdf prototype of my book which I can use to try and generate some interest. I was really pleased with the result, really pleased to find I could use open source software and really pleased with the friendly help I got here on this forum.

It certainly isn't going in the Showcase board - it is only a first draft - but fwiw here is the cover and a few pages.

Much obliged to you all

[attachment deleted by admin]

Wena

Timbow,

I really like your cover.
Have you thought how or who is to print for you, several will want a CMYK photo. there is a thread on this forum and very good advice. Glad to see successes!!

Wena 

Nermander

I think that is one of the most expensive books I've seen:)

Wena

Timbow, is there a mistake in the price?

Wena

Timbow

It is worth much more than that to me.

Actually I was just being needlessly paranoid about the internet and removed the price as commercial information while I was taking out my name and telephone number and converting it all to raster images so that it won't ever be found by search spiders. Pointless and mad? maybe.

Nermander

I understood that the price was not real:)

But why make it 1000,00? I would have made it 999,99 or maybe 888,88 to make sure the price will fit. If the font is proportional a 1 is not as wide as an 8 or 9. But of course a 0 is usually the same width as 8 or 9, and 1000 will probably take more space than 999:)