Import vector file --> folder shows no files

Previous topic - Next topic

Taartsel

Hello!
I'm new using Scribus and I come from using Adobe Indesign for a long time. I really enjoy Scribus so far, but I'm running into some trouble importing vector files. Whenever I try to import a vector file using "File - Import - Get vector file..." I can click the "My documents" folder, but when clicked on that the directory shows me nothing, not even any folder within the "My documents" folder. This prohibits me from opening/importing the vector file.

I'm using Scribus 1.5.3 on Windows 10 and the file I'm trying to import is a .svg file (but I've also got a .ai copy of it).

Does anyone know if there is another way to import a vector file or if there is something I can do to fix the empty folder issue?

Thanks in advance!

GarryP

Welcome to the forum Taartsel.

As you're new to Scribus I would recommend that you use the stable 1.4.6 version instead of the developmental 1.5.x versions, unless you really need some of the extra features which might not work properly anyway.

1.4.6 runs just fine on Windows 10 and has no problem with importing vectors (except those that use features that Scribus doesn't support).

P.S. Any SLA files you have created in 1.5.3 won't be "openable" in 1.4.6.

Taartsel

Ah, I'll try that then! I wanted to download v.1.5.1 (because I read that version was fairly stable and some functions of 1.4.x worked better there), but I couldn't find the download file. I chose 1.5.3 because that one said it's compatible with Windows 10 and it didn't say that with the latest stable version.
Anyway, thanks for the help! I'll remove this version and install the stable 1.4.6.

GarryP

You're welcome.

You can find the set-up EXE's here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/scribus/files/scribus/1.4.6/

Make sure you choose the x64 version if you want 64-bit.